Innovative Young Citizens Challenge 2022 – Senior (Grade 9-12)
Innovative Young Citizens Challenge 2022 – Senior (Grade 9-12)
The Innovative Young Citizens Challenge has now opened for the Senior Group (Grade 9 to Grade 12). You can submit your entries by 25 July 2022.
If you are participating in the Innovative Young Citizens Challenge 2, chances are that you are already an Innovative Young Citizen. Now, here we are trying to scratch your brains and get some answers to these problem statements. You can present innovative ideas in the form of art, articles, models, projects, reports, illustrations, videos or any kind of expression. You can also use materials available at home to make 2D, 3D models, comic strips, stories, quotes and references, memes, and videos using canva, PowerPoint, chart papers, colours.
Innovative Young Citizens Challenge 2022 – Topics and options
OPTION I – Solve The Problem Statements Given By Curious Times
Students of Grade 9 to 12 can pick any ONE topic from the problem statements listed below.
Topics for the Senior Group (Grade 9 – 12)
- Young girls and boys like you faces many challenges like higher education, career choices and emotional pressures. The current social apps are not solving your issues. What are the features and functionalities you need in a new comprehensive app, which can help you with solutions to your challenges? Give it a name!
- With so much interest around, the school is planning to introduce “online gaming” as a subject. You have to create the curriculum and evaluate the students in Senior Grades- Board exams too. Share the curriculum and evaluation criteria.
- You have been appointed as the final decision maker on whether or not to have a Uniform Civil Code and implement it too. If your answer is NO, present your case. If YES, give any five points, that you will add to the UCC and how will you implement them. (Since Curious Times reaches young children and schools across all countries, religions and ethnicities, we would not publish any content, which hurts the sentiments of people).
- History has witnessed conflicts, such as the one between Russia and Ukraine. As a global leader, what specific lessons and techniques from history will you use to resolve the conflict between Russia and Ukraine?
- “Earth provides enough to satisfy every man’s needs but not everyone’s greed.” Mahatma Gandhi. Now as a global leader bring any five changes to ensure that we can solve the World Hunger Problem, which is majorly a problem of physical access and affordability.
- It is very hard for a social media influencer, a YouTuber, and an Instagram influencer to gain thousands and millions of followers. Give a presentation, speech or essay to teachers and parents on how, if trained well, this is a great career option.
OPTION II – My Curiosity, My Concern, My Creation!
You, students, are also concerned about some issues and problems. Under Option II, students can submit their own solutions or innovations.
Some of you would have already worked on some problems, current or future. You have thought through something you want to create for the problems you care about. But what you need is a bigger platform and audience to share what you have created. So, here is your chance to share that. Make sure what you send is original with attention to the details of all aspects of the problem and the solution.
Rules for your profile completion
All the students will receive certificates of participation if their work has been selected for publishing on the website. The information is mapped from your profile section. Here are some rules to follow from your profile perspective:
1. Make sure that the spellings of your name and school, and your grade are correct before making the submission. Once the entry is submitted, spellings and corrections are not allowed. Certificates will be made based on data at the time of submission.
2. Submitting the picture of the student is parents’ discretion and will be considered as their approval to publish. If you would like to share your picture along with your entry, you can upload your picture in the “My Account” tab before the submission of the entry. It will be displayed if it follows the image guidelines. Please ensure you submit a smart yet sober and clear picture.
Rules of Innovative Young Citizens Challenge Entries
- Make sure you select the right theme while submitting your ‘Solution’.
- You can submit your ‘Solution’ in text, image, and/ or video formats. It is not compulsory to do all of them.
- Do NOT forget to add Title and a brief while submitting.
- Use the text box for typing. Do not upload handwritten pages or notebooks. Such entries cannot be published on the website.
- The word limit for write-ups is 500 words. The video should not exceed 60 seconds.
- You can share your video through a YouTube link. The YouTube video should be in the public and not in private mode.
- In the case of 2D/ 3D models, presentations, and images, submit JPG format only. PDF and PPTs cannot be uploaded directly. They should be converted to a video or JPG. Ensure that images are clear and not blurred. Make sure you crop the images to the right size and that no additional background is there. Do not submit screenshots, they will be declined.
- In case you are uploading images of the Solution, the child’s picture should not be added to that image. The child’s picture can be uploaded separately through My Account.
- In case any student submits more than one entry, all the entries will be disqualified. So kindly check your entry thoroughly before submission.
- Students, who are participating via schools should ensure that they register with their school code and their school details are correct. Your school logo will be visible only if you have registered through your school code.
- Jury will give emphasis on the understanding of the problem statement by the student, innovation and creativity in the solution, and clear communication of the student’s idea through content and presentation.
Innovative Young Citizens Challenge 2022 – Key Links
To participate in Innovative Young Citizens Challenge 2022 – Senior (Grade 9-12), make sure you are registered. If not, Register Now!
Registered students, submit your entries on this link:
All the best for the event! Follow our social handles:
0 (Please login to give a Curious Clap to your friend.)
SignUp to Participate Now! Win Certifiates and Prizes.