National Poetry Writing Month (NaPoWriMo) – April
National Poetry Writing Month (NaPoWriMo)
Do you enjoy reading poems? Do you write poems? We celebrated World Poetry Day on 21 March. Now, this month, you can also write a poem every day.
Did you know the month of April is NaPoWriMo or National Poetry Writing Month?
It is a project in which participating poets attempt to write one poem a day for the month of April.
- This project was announced by Maureen Thorson. She is a poet and publisher of Big Game Books.
- She started it on 17 March 2003, as an online project on her website.
- She began by writing a poem a day for the month of April and posting them on her blog.
- Some other people also got inspired. They started writing poems in April and posting them on their own blogs. Maureen linked to them.
- After a few years, so many people started observing NaPoWriMo that Maureen decided to launch a separate website for the project. Here she listed all participating poets.
Maureen continues to run the National Poetry Writing Month (NaPoWriMo).
National Poetry Writing Month (NaPoWriMo) Theme
Each day of the month, a theme is provided on the NaPoWriMo website, to encourage young poets all around the world to write.
Do you also want to join this event?
Here is a short video of a poem called “The fish that couldn’t climb trees”. Video credit: Steve Attewell/Youtube
Curious Times is committed to providing the best experience and news to children. We bring to you the Curious Times Weekly with the top news of the week. You can also check out The Curious Magazine, the first children’s magazine with all the great content by the children, for the children. We would love for you, dear children, to write and get your stories, art, thoughts and more published at My Expressions. You can share all your published content through social media sharing links available on Curious Times.
Over 100,000 children are benefitting from Curious Times today! We continue to seek your valuable feedback to serve you better. Feel free to write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also follow us on WhatsApp, Instagram, Facebook Youtube, Twitter, LinkedIn.
6 (Please login to give a Curious Clap to your friend.)
SignUp to Participate Now! Win Certifiates and Prizes.