International Olympic Day!
Recommended for Preparatory Grades
Olympic Day celebrates sports competition and healthy living. It encourages everyone to get along with one another. Every year on June 23, it encourages people to move around, and find a reason to do so.
International Olympic Day celebrations can be traced all the way back to 1948. At its 42nd meeting in January 1948, the International Olympic Committee (IOC) approved and established the Olympic Day.
Fun facts about Olympic Day!
- Olympic Day is a symbol of making the world a better place via the medium of athletic competition.
- It is celebrated to bring people of all backgrounds together in harmony.
- “Together, For a Peaceful World” is the theme for Olympic Day in 2022.
- To support this theme on social media, users are encouraged to use the hashtags #MoveForPeace and #OlympicDay.
- The Olympic Movement has a long history of promoting both peace and sport.
- IOC has done more to help refugee athletes by creating the IOC Refugee Athlete Scholarship and the IOC Refugee Olympic Team.
- National Olympic Committees all over the world are coming up with new ways to celebrate Olympic Day so that as many people as possible can take part, no matter their age, gender, social background, or level of athletic skill.
- Several countries have even made the event a required part of their education system.
Stay active with @steeple_squigs! 🏃♀️— The Olympic Games (@Olympics) June 22, 2022
👉 Show us how you #MoveForPeace by sharing your video using the hashtag for a chance to be featured: https://t.co/irhlb6PylN #OlympicDay pic.twitter.com/yUBdB2Mx16
Curious Times is a place where we’re passionate about what we do. Consequently, we work hard every day to give our young readers the most outstanding possible experience and information. We also use Curious Times Weekly, The Curious Magazine, and My Expressions to communicate with our audience. As a result, our content is exciting and interesting for our readers.
School children from all around the world appreciate and enjoy our materials. So, we’re always looking for ways to improve, and are curious to hear from you. This, above all, assists us in providing better service to you.
Thus, what sort of news stories capture your interest? In the comments section below? Please share your thoughts! For the simple reason that we enjoy hearing from our young readers. The following social media platforms allow you to communicate with us: WhatsApp, Instagram, Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
0 (Please login to give a Curious Clap to your friend.)