Srinagar’s Smart City project!
Recommended for Preparatory Grades
Srinagar’s Smart City Project intends to give the valley a much-needed facelift in six months.
Srinagar will see numerous firsts in the next six months as part of the 980-crore Smart City Project.
These firsts include enhanced city and water transportation, the safeguarding of historic buildings, and pedestrian-friendly walkways and markets.
- The Polo View market will be the first well-equipped market in the Valley that will be easy to get to on foot.
- Authorities hope this high-end market to look more European.
- Furthermore, a four-kilometre-long cycle path will also be built here.
- The cycle path will run in the same direction as Lal Chowk, Srinagar’s business hub.
- An outer circle of Lal Chowk will be built out of more than 15 kilometres of the cycle path.
- Also, the city’s Jhelum riverbank will be raised in stages, which will make it easier for people to get to the old city by boat.
- Srinagar will be able to compete with the best cities in modern infrastructure.
- Soon, there would be Wi-Fi hotspots and charging stations for electric rickshaws all over the city.
- Online parking, Internet-controlled intersection illumination and a centralised data system will improve Srinagar’s traffic regulation.
- Over 200 kilometres of optical fibre cabling have been put in place all over the city.
- As part of this project, the Shalimar Bagh canal is also getting a makeover.
- Officials state the projects are between 50 and 60% done or are in their last stages of completion.
Youtube user “wasaafjeelani” shares glimpses of Polo View Market during snowfall.
Curious Times is a leading newspaper and website for kids. We publish daily global news aligned to your learning levels (also as per NEP 2020): Foundational, Preparatory (Primary), Middle and Senior. So, check out the News tab for this. We bring kids’ favourite Curious Times Weekly newspaper every weekend with top news, feature stories and kids’ contributions. Also, check out daily JokesPoke, Tongue Twisters, Word of the Day and Quote of the Day, kids need it all the time.
Curious Times News Program for Schools for FREE. Over 5,000 schools and teachers from all over the world have joined our programme so that students and teachers can get FREE Educative Newspaper. Here, kids can take part in world events and win prizes and certificates for free through their schools.
Moreover, schools are sharing important School News, like interviews with the principal, notices about new students, contests, and results, not just on social media but also on a news website for kids and other schools.
Thus, do not wait any further, sign-up for your school for FREE.
0 (Please login to give a Curious Clap to your friend.)