The top 10 inspirational teens of 2021
Recommended for Preparatory Grades
Inspirational teens of 2021
2021 is coming to an end. How about taking a look back at the inspirational teens, who have impacted the world this year? Starting at an early age these teens are living examples of “Anything is possible!”
Here are some of the amazing teens, who inspired us:
- Emma Raducanu – 18-year-old British tennis player Emma Raducanu won the women’s singles trophy at the 2021 US Open. She has made history by becoming the first-ever qualifier and the first British woman since 1977 to win a Grand Slam.
- Vinisha Umashankar – a 14-year-old schoolgirl from Tamil Nadu named Vinisha Umashankar. One of the finalists of Earthshot Prize, Vinisha came up with a solar-powered ironing cart project to stop air pollution.
- Rylee Stuart – Eating chips can earn you rewards. It seems like a joke, right? But that is exactly what happened with a 13-year-old girl from Australia. Her name is Rylee Stuart. Rylee found a rare puffy triangular Dorito chip and posted about it on Tik-Tok. The video got viral and earned 600 million views on Tik-Tok. The girl put up the chip on e-Bay and people offered up to US$100,000 for it!
- Oliver Daemen – An 18-year-old boy named Oliver Daemen is the youngest person ever to fly to space.
- Zaila Avant-garde – A 14-year-old from New Orleans, Louisiana, has made history at the US Scripps National Spelling Bee. She has become the first African American to win the highly-respected contest.
- Zara Rutherford – Do you wish to fly a plane around the world by yourself? MeetZara Rutherford, the one who has made her dream to fly solo come true. Zara Rutherford started her 51,000 kilometres journey in August. She wishes to travel over five continents and 52 countries.
- Eric Khumalo – Eric Khumalo, a young man from Bulawayo, Zimbabwe created free online coding classes for the youth of his home country.
- Praveen Kumar – A Paralympian high jumper who competes in the high jump T64 category. This year’s Tokyo Paralympics is his first-ever Paralympic Games and he has won a silver medal.
- Prathamesh Jaju – A 16-year old boy from Pune, Prathamesh Jaju took nearly 50,000 photos of the Moon and spent about 40 hours taking a photo that went viral. Prathamesh says he learned how to click this amazing photo of the Moon by watching YouTube videos. He says that he wants to study the universe in the future.
- Ameya Lagadu – 12-year-old dancer Ameya Lagadu from Andhra Pradesh. She has been learning Kuchipudi and Bharatnatyam dances since she was 4 years old and has performed in over 100 programmes.
Do you know many inspirational teens? Tell us about them.
Curious Times is committed to providing the best experience and news to children. We bring to you the Curious Times Weekly with the top news of the week. You can also check out The Curious Magazine. We would love for you, dear children, to write and get your stories, art, thoughts and more published at My Expressions. Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.You can also follow us on WhatsApp, Instagram, Facebook Youtube, Twitter, LinkedIn.
0 (Please login to give a Curious Clap to your friend.)