Top 10 news about climate change in 2021
Recommended for Preparatory Grades
Top 10 news about climate change in 2021.
Climate change is slowly impacting all of us. It may not be as visible as the COVID-19, but it is gradually impacting all humans, animals, plants, water and underwater species. Let us look at the top 10 news about climate.
- Scientists Syukuro Manabe, Klaus Hasselmann and Giorgio Parisi were awarded the 2021 Nobel Prize in Physics. They won the prize to understand the complex systems such as Earth’s climate.
- Scientists have developed the whitest white colour. They said that this white colour can help to fight against global warming and climate change.
- A new study stated that the Earth is going dimmer due to climate change. Scientists have studied a process called “earthshine”. This is the light that the Earth reflects onto the surface of the dark side of the moon. Recently, scientists have noticed that light has become dimmer due to climate change.
- The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change(IPCC) released its new report in 2021, and it stated that it’s Code Red for humanity. Scientists stated that human activity is affecting the climate in an irreversible way. Increase in heatwaves, droughts, floods, all of them are outcomes of human activities.
- Scientists declared that the Arctic region is warming at twice the rate of the rest of the world. The people in the Arctic region are facing two crises currently — the COVID-19 pandemic and climate change. These two crises are surely threatening their lives and livelihood.
- Scientists are taking help from seals in order to study climate change in Antarctica. They have fit sensors in the seals which help them learn more about the water that the seals swim in, and they learn about the depth and temperature of the water. This data is sent to the scientists through satellites.
- US President Joe Biden organized a virtual meeting, titles, “Leaders Summit on Climate“. He announced that the US would reduce their greenhouse gas emissions by 50%. On the other hand, the European government president stated that they want to become the first climate-neutral continent.
- India and US launched India-US Clean Energy Agenda 2030 Partnership at the virtual meeting organized by Joe Biden.
- United Nations Cop26 climate summit was organized in Glasgow, Scotland. During the Cop26 climate summit, China and US agreed to boost climate cooperation over the next 10 years. Scientists said that if the global temperature reached 1.5C, it would help avoid the worst impacts of climate change.
- Countries at the Glasgow climate summit signed the Glasgow Climate Pact. According to this pact, the countries decided to reduce coal usage. Moreover, the pact stated that more money will be provided for developing countries.
Are you interested in the latest news updates? Or are you curious enough to enjoy reading non-fictional information and trivia? We at Curious Times are committed to providing the best experience and news to children. Our educational website for news and information is age-appropriate and also a lot of fun. Do also check out the Curious Times Weekly newspaper every week and The Curious Magazine every month. We are delighted to publish the creative art, photographs, write up and more that children send us in My Expressions. We would love to get feedback and hear from you. Do write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your favourite newspaper for kids! You can also reach out to us on WhatsApp, Instagram, Youtube, Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook.
0 (Please login to give a Curious Clap to your friend.)