Uttar Pradesh Schools: Less Time, More Fun
Recommended for Education
Uttar Pradesh, which is a very important part of India, is starting to make big changes in how schools teach kids. The leaders of Uttar Pradesh understand that they need to make school better and easier for students. So, they have introduced a new plan for how schools should work.
This new plan is a big deal. It’s not just about changing what students study, but it’s also about changing the way they learn in school. This is to make sure that kids in Uttar Pradesh learn in the best way possible.
Study Hours and Schedules
In Uttar Pradesh, schools are changing how they operate each week. The total time that students will spend in school is being reduced. Now, students will only need to be in school for about 29 hours each week. This is a big change because it means students won’t have to spend as much time in class as they used to.
- Weekday Schedule: From Monday to Friday, students will be in school for about 5 to 5.5 hours each day. This is shorter than before, giving students more time to do other things like play, study on their own, or rest.
- Saturday Schedule: Every second Saturday, there will be school, but for a much shorter time – only 2 to 2.5 hours. Plus, two Saturdays in the month will be complete holidays. This means more free weekends for students!
Class Structure and Time Limits
The new policy also changes how long each class will be. This is to make sure students are not sitting in one class for too long and can concentrate better.
- General Subjects: For subjects like social studies or art, each class will last between 35 to 45 minutes. This is shorter than the usual class length in many schools.
- Major Subjects: For important subjects like Math, Hindi, English, and Science, classes will be a bit longer, lasting 40 to 50 minutes. This is because these subjects need more time for students to understand them well.
Innovative Teaching Methods and Curriculum Changes
Uttar Pradesh is not just changing schedules; it’s also bringing in new ways of teaching and learning.
- Bagless Days: There will be special days, at least 10 in a year, when students can come to school without their school bags. On these days, they will learn in different ways – like through talking and doing activities, instead of just reading from books. This makes learning more fun and interesting.
- New Rules for Study: The government is asking the Education Department to make new rules for what students study in school. These rules will be based on the National Curriculum Framework of the New Education Policy. This means that what students learn in Uttar Pradesh will be similar to what students learn in other parts of India, making sure everyone gets a good education.
The new education plan in Uttar Pradesh is a big step forward in making schools better in this large state of India. This plan means students will spend less time in class and will learn in new and exciting ways.
The main goal is to make school more about the students and their needs. This new way of doing things will make school less stressful and more about learning in a well-rounded way.
By starting this in Uttar Pradesh, it’s a big change that helps students grow and learn better, and it could be an example for other places to do the same.
Curious Times is a leading newspaper and website for kids. We publish daily global news aligned to your learning levels (also as per NEP 2020): Foundational, Preparatory (Primary), Middle and Senior. So, check out the News tab for this. We bring kids’ favourite Curious Times Weekly newspaper every weekend with top news, feature stories and kids’ contributions. Also, check out daily JokesPoke, Tongue Twisters, Word of the Day and Quote of the Day, kids need it all the time.
Curious Times News Program for Schools for FREE. Over 5,000 schools and teachers from all over the world have joined our programme so that students and teachers can get FREE Educative Newspaper. Here, kids can take part in world events and win prizes and certificates for free through their schools.
Moreover, schools are sharing important School News, like interviews with the principal, notices about new students, contests, and results, not just on social media but also on a news website for kids and other schools.
Thus, do not wait any further, sign-up for your school for FREE.
0 (Please login to give a Curious Clap to your friend.)