Not-So-Hot-Spot – Seoul, South Korea
Recommended for Foundational Grades
Seoul is the capital of South Korea and is located along the Han River. Let’s discover the city a bit more!
Things to see
Seoul is more than 2000 years old and has a lot of historical places. But you can see many modern tall buildings in the city too.
Some of the historical places are:
- Changdeokgung Palace and its Secret Garden
- Hwaseong Fortress
On the other hand, modern buildings are amazing because you can reach the top and view the city below.
- The N Seoul Tower can be reached by a cable car ride!
- Lotte World Tower is the 5th tallest building in the world. Reach the top by an elevator ride. Take a look at the video here to experience the ride yourself!
There is a lot for children to enjoy in Seoul. There are theme parks, museums, libraries and an entire street filled with only toy shops! Some of the exciting places in Seoul that we are sure you will have fun in are:
- Seoul Land
- Lotte World
- Teddy Bear Museum
- COEX Aquarium
- Dongdaemun Market Toy Alley
- Starfield Library
Culture and Cuisine
The things one can do and see in a city are important. But it is also good to know about its traditional food, clothing and way of living.
- Hanbok is a traditional dress in Korea and you must try it on.
- Also, why not eat the delicious bulgogi and bibimbap dishes when in Seoul!
Till we explore another city next week, ‘Annyeong or Goodbye!’. Video credit: leialauren/Youtube
We at Curious Times are committed to providing the best experience and news to children. Do also check out the Curious Times Weekly newspaper every week and The Curious Magazine every month. We are delighted to publish the creative art, photographs, write up and more that children send us in My Expressions. Do write to us at email@example.com.You can also reach out to us on WhatsApp, Instagram, Youtube, Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook.
0 (Please login to give a Curious Clap to your friend.)