World Water Day!
Recommended for Foundational Grades
World Water Day – 22 March Water is the basis of all life – it has so many important uses. Did you know that there is a special day dedicated to water? It is World Water Day, celebrated on 22 March every year throughout the world.
What is World Water Day?
- It is the day to focus on the importance of freshwater.
- On this day, organisations and individuals promote awareness about the sustainable use and importance of freshwater resources.
- Some sources of freshwater are groundwater, ice caps, ponds, lakes, rivers, streams etc.
- The United Nations first observed World Day for Water in 1993.
How is it celebrated?
- Every year the UN has a theme and 2023’s theme is “Accelerating the change to solve the water and sanitation crisis”.
- World Water Day 2023 wants to help make sure everyone has clean water and a toilet.
- The United Nations said many people and places like schools, businesses, and farms don’t have clean water or toilets.
- We need to take action and do more than what we normally do to fix this problem.
- In our daily lives, there are many, easy ways in which we can use water wisely and preserve it.
- World Water Day happens once a year, but we can make every day a ‘water day’.
What do our young readers think about the importance of water? Let us know your thoughts in the comments section.
The UN 2023 Water Conference starts today – uniting the world to solve the water crisis.
You can play your part.
Your simple #WaterActions will make a big impact.
— UN-Water (@UN_Water) March 21, 2023
Curious Times is a leading newspaper and website for kids. We publish daily global news aligned to your learning levels (also as per NEP 2020): Foundational, Preparatory (Primary), Middle and Senior. So, check out the News tab for this. We bring kids’ favourite Curious Times Weekly newspaper every weekend with top news, feature stories and kids’ contributions. Check out daily JokesPoke, Tongue Twisters, Word of the Day and Quote of the Day, kids need it all the time.
ME – My Expressions at Curious Times is your place to get your work published, building your quality digital footprint. And it is a good way to share your talent and skills with your friends, family, school, teachers and the world. Thus, as you will step into higher educational institutes your published content will showcase your strength.
Events, Quizzes and Competitions bring students from over 5,000 schools globally to participate in the 21st-Century themes. Here schools and students win certificates, prizes and recognition through these global events.
Sign-up for your school for FREE!
0 (Please login to give a Curious Clap to your friend.)