Top 10 sportspersons of 2021
Recommended for Preparatory Grades
Top 10 sportspersons of 2021.
The year 2020 was a spoiler in sports due to the pandemic. This year, 2021, we saw the Olympics and Paralympics Games, and many other sports happen. Let’s take a look at the top 10 sportspersons who made news:
- Neeraj Chopra: Javeline thrower became India’s first Olympic gold medallist in athletics in the Tokyo Olympics. President Kovind awarded him with Major Dhyan Chand Khel Ratna Award.
- Mithali Raj: Mithali Raj is the India test and ODI captain. She has become the highest run-scorer in women’s international cricket. She is also the first Indian women cricketer to score 10,000 runs in international cricket.
- Novak Djokovic: The tennis player from Serbia won three grand slams in 2021. He reached the tally of Roger Federer. Though he could not win an Olympic.
- Emma Raducanu: British tennis player. She is ranked in 19th place by the Women’s Tennis Association. She won her first Grand Slam title in the US Open. She won BBC Sports Personality of the year 2021. Emma has also won the Newcomer title at the 2021 SJA British Sports Awards.
- Rachael Blackmore: She is an Irish jockey who competes in National Hunt Racing (Horse Racing). In 2021, she became the first female jockey to win the Grand National in the race history of 182 years. She is crowned as World Sport Star of the Year 2021.
- Avni Lekhara: Indian Paralympian rifle shooter became the first Indian woman to win a gold medal at the Paralympic awards.
- Yash Dhull: The young cricketer will lead India’s Under-19 cricket team. He will be the captain of the Indian team at the Under-19 world cup.
- Lionel Messi: He is a Football player from Argentina. In 2021, Argentina beat Brazil to win the 2021 Copa America trophy. This is Argentina’s first win at a major international tournament after 28 years. This is also Messi’s first international trophy with the Argentina Football team.
- Bhavinaben Patel: She is a Paralympic table tennis player. She won India’s first-ever silver medal in table tennis at the Paralympics.
- Laurel Hubbard: New Zealand weightlifter. She is the first transgender athlete to compete in the Olympic Games. She has qualified for the Tokyo Olympics.
Are you also inspired by any sportspersons? Tell us in the comments below.
Curious Times is committed to providing the best experience and news to children. We bring to you the Curious Times Weekly with the top news of the week. You can also check out The Curious Magazine. We would love for you, dear children, to write and get your stories, art, thoughts and more published at My Expressions. Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.You can also follow us on WhatsApp, Instagram, Facebook Youtube, Twitter, LinkedIn.
0 (Please login to give a Curious Clap to your friend.)