Honoring Thomas Alva Edison: Daniel’s DIY Light Bulb
Thomas Alva Edison
“I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.”
- He was the one who invented the phonograph, motion picture camera, electric bulb and the first voting machine.
- Born in a poor family, Thomas Edison sold newspapers and candy on the train from Milan to Detroit.
- In the baggage car, he set up a laboratory for his chemistry experiments and a printing press. There he started the Grand Trunk Herald, the first newspaper published on a train.
- In 1879, Edison started a laboratory in Menlo Park, New Jersey. Later it was known as “Invention Factory”.
- In his 84 years of life as a researcher, he acquired a huge number of 1,093 patents in his name.
Thomas Alva Edison is a true inspiration for the world. He once said, “I never quit until I get what I’m after. Negative results are just what I’m after. They are just as valuable to me as positive results.”
Explore Science Month’s Related Stories
Historical Figures and Their Contributions
- Alessandro Volta: Inspiring Young Minds
- Ernst Mach: Legacy Lives On
- Heinrich Rudolf Hertz: Inspiring Science Month
- Galileo: A Birthday Tribute
- Satyendranath Bose: A Physics Pioneer
Scientific Inspirations and Innovations
- Ancient India’s Pioneering Math Contributions
- Artificial Intelligence: Transforming Everyday Moments
- S Somanath Inspires Science Month
- William Shockley: Inventor’s Legacy
Culinary Science and Cultural Heritage
Watch a video
Spark your curiosity! Watch Daniel’s Light bulb project on YouTube – igniting inspiration for young scientists, honoring the legacy of the great inventor, Thomas Alva Edison.
Curious Times is a leading newspaper and website for kids. We publish daily global news aligned to your learning levels (also as per NEP 2020): Foundational, Preparatory (Primary), Middle and Senior. So, check out the News tab for this. We bring kids’ favourite Curious Times Weekly newspaper every weekend with top news, feature stories and kids’ contributions. Check out daily JokesPoke, Tongue Twisters, Word of the Day and Quote of the Day, kids need it all the time.
ME – My Expressions at Curious Times is your place to get your work published, building your quality digital footprint. And it is a good way to share your talent and skills with your friends, family, school, teachers and the world. Thus, as you will step into higher educational institutes your published content will showcase your strength.
Events, Quizzes and Competitions bring students from over 5,000 schools globally to participate in the 21st-Century themes. Here schools and students win certificates, prizes and recognition through these global events.
Sign-up for your school for FREE!
1 (Please login to give a Curious Clap to your friend.)
SignUp to Participate Now! Win Certifiates and Prizes.