Canada & Saudi Arabia: Friends Again, Hooray!
Recommended for Preparatory Grades
Hey there! We’ve got some exciting news to share with you. Remember when Canada and Saudi Arabia had a big fight back in 2018? Well, guess what?
They have decided to be friends again! That’s right, they are rekindling their diplomatic ties and putting their differences behind them.
- It all started in 2018 when Canada’s foreign ministry posted some tweets criticizing Saudi Arabia’s human rights record. This made Saudi Arabia really mad, and they didn’t like Canada interfering in their affairs. They even recalled their ambassador from Canada and asked Canada’s ambassador to leave their country.
- But now, after some time has passed, things have changed. The leaders of both countries, Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau and Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman, had a talk during a special meeting. They realized that they have some things in common and decided to restore their diplomatic relations.
- To do that, they will appoint new ambassadors to represent their countries. Canada has already chosen Jean-Philippe Linteau, who has a lot of experience in foreign affairs. Saudi Arabia hasn’t announced their ambassador yet, but we will find out soon.
- From all of this, we can understand that Canada and Saudi Arabia want to be friends again. They believe in mutual respect and have common interests. It’s important for countries to have good relationships with each other, even if they disagree sometimes. By restoring their ties, they can work together on important issues and help each other out.
- So, it’s great to see that Canada and Saudi Arabia are making peace. It shows that even when there are disagreements, countries can find a way to come together and move forward. Let’s hope that they can build a strong friendship and continue to promote peace and understanding in the world.
Curious Times is a leading newspaper and website for kids. We publish daily global news aligned to your learning levels (also as per NEP 2020): Foundational, Preparatory (Primary), Middle and Senior. So, check out the News tab for this. We bring kids’ favourite Curious Times Weekly newspaper every weekend with top news, feature stories and kids’ contributions. Check out daily JokesPoke, Tongue Twisters, Word of the Day and Quote of the Day, kids need it all the time.
ME – My Expressions at Curious Times is your place to get your work published, building your quality digital footprint. And it is a good way to share your talent and skills with your friends, family, school, teachers and the world. Thus, as you will step into higher educational institutes your published content will showcase your strength.
Events, Quizzes and Competitions bring students from over 5,000 schools globally to participate in the 21st-Century themes. Here schools and students win certificates, prizes and recognition through these global events.
Sign-up for your school for FREE!
Communicate with us: WhatsApp, Instagram, Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
0 (Please login to give a Curious Clap to your friend.)