Learn About Dalit Music History with a Special Bookmobile!
Recommended for Preparatory Grades
A cool new bookmobile is travelling to different universities in India for seven months. The bookmobile’s screen plays songs by unknown singers from rural Maharashtra.
Importantly, these songs are all about standing up against caste-based exploitation and untouchability.
- A special bookmobile is travelling to different universities in India for seven months.
- The Bookmobile is called the Ambedkar digital bookmobile
- It has a special trunk-like device with a screen that plays songs.
- The songs are a compilation of Maharashtra’s history of social reform.
- This means it has songs and poetry that are 400 to 500 years old!
- Further, these songs are all about standing up against caste-based exploitation and untouchability.
- The Bookmobile has travelled to several universities in Maharashtra, Delhi, and Bangalore.
- It’s now at the Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS) in Mumbai.
- Two artists created the project to ensure more people knew about the important songs in Dalit history.
The “Vice Asia” YouTube channel looks into an Indian folk music band that is fighting for social justice.
Curious Times is a leading newspaper and website for kids. We publish daily global news aligned to your learning levels (also as per NEP 2020): Foundational, Preparatory (Primary), Middle and Senior. So, check out the News tab for this. We bring kids’ favourite Curious Times Weekly newspaper every weekend with top news, feature stories and kids’ contributions. Check out daily JokesPoke, Tongue Twisters, Word of the Day and Quote of the Day, kids need it all the time.
ME – My Expressions at Curious Times is your place to get your work published, building your quality digital footprint. And it is a good way to share your talent and skills with your friends, family, school, teachers and the world. Thus, as you will step into higher educational institutes your published content will showcase your strength.
Events, Quizzes and Competitions bring students from over 5,000 schools globally to participate in the 21st-Century themes. Here schools and students win certificates, prizes and recognition through these global events.
Sign-up for your school for FREE!
Communicate with us: WhatsApp, Instagram, Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
0 (Please login to give a Curious Clap to your friend.)