Temple Treasures Uncovered in Odisha!
Recommended for Preparatory Grades
The researchers of the Indian National Trust for Art & Cultural Heritage discovered the archaeological remains of a temple. Further, the ruins were discovered near a railway station in Jaipur’s district.
Firstly, researchers found parts of an old temple that used to be very big. Even though it is broken now, they can still see the base of the temple and some very big rocks and pretty carvings. Secondly, they also found a special pot that is important to the Hindu religion.
Interestingly, researchers claim that the place where they were exploring used to be ruled by important families a long time ago.
- Archaeologists found the remains of an ancient temple in Odisha, India.
- The temple was built a long time ago, maybe in the 13th-15th century when a powerful family called Eastern Ganga Dynasty ruled the area.
- Further, the temple is in ruins now, but the researchers found big blocks of stone and carvings that show how beautiful it once was.
- People who lived in the area built many temples a long time ago, and this temple was one of them.
- What’s really interesting is that the temple ruins were discovered by a local man who saw them when the bushes were cleared for the railway.
Curious Times is a leading newspaper and website for kids. We publish daily global news aligned to your learning levels (also as per NEP 2020): Foundational, Preparatory (Primary), Middle and Senior. So, check out the News tab for this. We bring kids’ favourite Curious Times Weekly newspaper every weekend with top news, feature stories and kids’ contributions. Check out daily JokesPoke, Tongue Twisters, Word of the Day and Quote of the Day, kids need it all the time.
ME – My Expressions at Curious Times is your place to get your work published, building your quality digital footprint. And it is a good way to share your talent and skills with your friends, family, school, teachers and the world. Thus, as you will step into higher educational institutes your published content will showcase your strength.
Events, Quizzes and Competitions bring students from over 5,000 schools globally to participate in the 21st-Century themes. Here schools and students win certificates, prizes and recognition through these global events.
Sign-up for your school for FREE!
Communicate with us: WhatsApp, Instagram, Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
0 (Please login to give a Curious Clap to your friend.)