World Alzheimer’s Day!
Recommended for Middle Grades
The month of September is recognised as World Alzheimer’s Month, and the 21st of September is recognised as World Alzheimer’s Day.
This day is dedicated to bringing attention to Alzheimer’s disease and other forms of dementia.
- Alzheimer’s disease is the type of dementia that affects the most people.
- Memory loss and a general decline in mental capacity are symptoms of this neurological condition.
- It is caused by the death of brain cells.
- As per experts, on average once every 65 seconds a person is diagnosed with Alzheimer’s disease.
- This condition cannot be cured and there is no treatment available for it.
- When these symptoms reach a certain level of severity, it becomes difficult for a person to carry out their normal activities.
- It is important to participate in activities that challenge you physically, mentally, socially, and recreationally, such as reading, writing, and playing instruments.
- Yoga, meditation, and even just going for a walk can be beneficial.
- World Sleep Day!
- Sleeping less than six hours carries higher risk of dementia
- The brain is more active when you are asleep!
This touching encounter between children and a patient living with Alzheimer’s disease was uploaded to YouTube by user “Cut.”
Curious Times is a leading newspaper and website for kids. We publish daily global news aligned to your learning levels (also as per NEP 2020): Foundational, Preparatory (Primary), Middle and Senior. So, check out the News tab for this. We bring kids’ favourite Curious Times Weekly newspaper every weekend with top news, feature stories and kids’ contributions. Also, check out daily JokesPoke, Tongue Twisters, Word of the Day and Quote of the Day, kids need it all the time.
Curious Times News Program for Schools for FREE. Over 5,000 schools and teachers from all over the world have joined our programme so that students and teachers can get FREE Educative Newspaper. Here, kids can take part in world events and win prizes and certificates for free through their schools.
Moreover, schools are sharing important School News, like interviews with the principal, notices about new students, contests, and results, not just on social media but also on a news website for kids and other schools.
Thus, do not wait any further, sign-up for your school for FREE.
1 (Please login to give a Curious Clap to your friend.)