World Sleep Day!
Recommended for Foundational Grades
A good night’s sleep is very important for your health. However, people are now sleeping less than they did in the past. Sleep quality has also decreased as well.
Therefore, we celebrate World Sleep Day to raise awareness about the problems related to sleep and how they can be solved.
- This year’s World Sleep Day theme is ” Sleep is Essential for Health.”
- Sleep is just as important to your physical, mental, and social health as what you eat and how much you work out.
- The celebrations are hosted by the World Sleep Society (WSS) which is a non-profit based organisation in the United States.
- On this day, special events are organised to spread awareness of sleep issues.
- Reading materials like booklets and pamphlets on sleep are also distributed among people across the globe.
How can you have a good sleep?
- Stick to a sleep schedule – sleep and wake up at the same time.
- Sleep on a comfortable mattress and pillow.
- Do regular exercise but not right before going to bed at night.
How many hours do you sleep? Let us know in the comments section.
- Sleeping less than six hours carries higher risk of dementia
- World Alzheimer’s Day!
- The brain is more active when you are asleep!
Be sure to check out this short Youtube TED video on the benefits to the brain of deep sleep.
Curious Times is a leading newspaper and website for kids. We publish daily global news aligned to your learning levels (also as per NEP 2020): Foundational, Preparatory (Primary), Middle and Senior. So, check out the News tab for this. We bring kids’ favourite Curious Times Weekly newspaper every weekend with top news, feature stories and kids’ contributions. Also, check out daily JokesPoke, Tongue Twisters, Word of the Day and Quote of the Day, kids need it all the time.
Curious Times News Program for Schools for FREE. Over 5,000 schools and teachers from all over the world have joined our programme so that students and teachers can get FREE Educative Newspaper. Here, kids can take part in world events and win prizes and certificates for free through their schools.
Moreover, schools are sharing important School News, like interviews with the principal, notices about new students, contests, and results, not just on social media but also on a news website for kids and other schools.
Thus, do not wait any further, sign-up for your school for FREE.
The following social media platforms allow you to communicate with us: WhatsApp, Instagram, Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
0 (Please login to give a Curious Clap to your friend.)
Share your comment!
You must be logged in to post a comment.